Do I need an MC Number?

In addition to the USDOT Number (see here), companies are sometimes required to get an MC Number as well. This number is also administered through the FMCSA and grants Operating Authority to commercial vehicles used in:

  • Transportation of passengers in interstate commerce for compensation (direct or indirect does not matter).
  • Transportation of federally regulated commodities, that are owned by others, and transported for a fee using interstate commerce.

Lucky for you, you can order your USDOT and MC stickers with us; simply click here to get started.

To find out more on whether you need this operating authority click here.

Additionally, for helpful questions and answers regarding the Operating Authority click here.¹   ²³


¹ - Get Authority to Operate (MC Number). (2014, February 25). Retrieved May 8, 2019, from